Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday’s Obituary: Thomas Vanasse

Obituary of Thomas Vanasse

Thomas died on 5 December 1983 in Coquitlam, BC. He was interred nine days later on December 14th (thirty-one years ago today) in nearby Vancouver.

I never knew or met Thomas, and didn’t know that he lived in BC after we moved here in the late 1970s. He was a first cousin of my paternal grandmother Julie (Vanasse) Belair, and since Dad always loved meeting new-to-him relatives, I’m sure that he would have wanted to get to know Thomas.

A couple of years ago, my husband and I sought out Thomas' final resting place and photographed his tombstone; see Tombstone Tuesday: Thomas Vanasse.

Source: “Thomas James Vanasse”, obituary, The Province (Vancouver, British Columbia), 14 December 1983, p. 65.

Copyright © 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment