Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday’s Obituary: Fred Belair

Twenty-two years ago, on 20 January 1991, my grandfather Fred passed away at the venerable age of 101. When I learned this sad news, I knew that my relatives in Timmins would take care of placing an obituary in the local paper. (Although he died in Peterborough at his younger daughter's home, my grandfather had lived in Timmins since the 1950s.) I decided to compose an obituary for him in my local newspaper, since Fred had visited Hope on number of occasions after his younger son Ray moved here. My grandfather Fred was interred in the Timmins Memorial Cemetery with his beloved wife Julie, who predeceased him in 1967.
Fred's Ontario newspaper obituary [1]
  
Fred's British Columbia newspaper obituary [2]

Sources:

1. “Frederick Belair”, obituary, undated clipping, ca. January 1991, from unidentified newspaper; supplied by Joan Laneville, Timmins, Ontario, 2011. Joan’s daughter, Lise, scanned her grandfather’s obituary and sent a PDF copy by email to her cousin Yvonne Demoskoff in November 2011.

2. “Fred Belair”, obituary, The Hope Standard (Hope, British Columbia), Wednesday, January 23, 1991, p. 11.

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment