Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Funny: Blogiversary and Summertime Fun

It’s my one month blogiversary today! I’ve been posting articles to my blog for the past four weeks – and what fun it’s been! A sincere “Thank you” to my followers and those who view my pages! To celebrate, I’m sharing with my readers something fun about me for “Friday Funny”, a blog prompt suggested through GeneaBloggers



This picture of myself as a little girl sure makes me laugh. I don’t remember that day, but since it was a bright and sunny afternoon, I’m guessing it was summertime. I recognize the fenced front yard of the basement home I lived in with my parents and baby sister in Timmins, Ontario. I’m holding a small container, with an enamel dishpan and a saucepan on a low table in front of me. Based on the look on my face (kind of naughty and fiendish at the same time), I’d say that I had probably just served (or tried to serve) mud pies to my little sister. Mom used to tell me that I delighted in making these kinds of “pies” and pretend to feed them to my sister. 


Here's another photo taken that day of me with my baby sister. She doesn’t look worse for wear, and I sort of look like I’m wiping my hands to hide the muddy evidence. Oh, the fun and innocence of summertime childhood days!

Copyright © 2012, Yvonne Demoskoff.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 1 month! Also, love the childhood photos!

    -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for the congrats, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 1 month blogiversary! And those are very cute photos of you and your baby sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You fed Marianne a mud pie right after this photo was taken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Yvonne! Great job and cute photos.

    ReplyDelete

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.